Babu Roy's world on the Net

Saturday, May 13, 2006

City Center and 36 China Town

Now that I am here in Salt Lake (Kolkata) all by my self, theres nothing to do. I am reading and just finished DaVinci Code. Just LOVED the book and I plan to re-read the book and then watch the movie. Anyway, so today I was so bored. I decided to walk to City Center - a shopping Mall. The walk was about a 15 minutes stroll from GD Block. And I was there at 10 AM. I thought I will go for a movie. I didnt want to see TOM, DICK and HARRY so I got the tickets for the 2PM show of 26 CHINA TOWN.How I spent the 4 hours there, only I know. Well, till 12 PM I just strolled around. Aimlessly explored the area. At 12 I decided to eat. So went a restaurant called HAKKA - a chinese restaurant.I had a lemon pepper chicken soup (I could taste the lemon not much of the pepper), spring rolls, fried rice and spicy prawns. I would rate the food as 7/10. Ambience was good, service was fast.Was out at 1PM and I had 1 more hour to spend. I was a bit surprised to see that City Center did not have a proper book store. I found a small store called CORNER BOOK STORE and was there for sometime. After browsing books, I went to get myself an icecream and I got a Electric Currant at the KWALITY WALLS Stall. Nice thing - a combination of Vanilla, Black Currant icecream with Strawberry Crush (was this a dilute version of Strawberry Jam?) and fruits (mangoes, pomegrantes, kiwi).It was 2PM and off I went to INOX.INOX is the movie plex in the City Center, Once I entered the guard asked me if I was carrying cigarettes. I said No. Hmmm, In Delhi they wouldnt have taken NO for an answer but would have frisked me. Here I went across (and yes, I did not have any cigarettes with me).The show was at 2:10 PM and at 2:07 PM I was seated in my seat - C17, somewhere at the back.Okay, any expecting a nail biting thriller should not watch this. The murder does not happen till about 1 hour into the movie by when Isha Kopikkar has danced (Isha and no dance....is there a movie like post Company ??). The next 75 minutes is to figure out who is the killer.This is not a out and out suspense thriller but a funny thriller. Everyone is funny and brings a smile on your face. Upen Patel has been roped in to get the girls in, Shahid and Kareena look nice. It wasnt a big surprise when the murderer was revealed - I am sure all avid Christie readers would know who killed.Any I am back into my room now and I am still worried - I need a place to stay in Salt Lake fast ........... time is running out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
/body>