Diwali celebrations?
I am not sure what to say. Yes, I was in Delhi for Diwali, but not having the best of times.
1. Mom's MRI report is not good.She needs to be under strict bed rest - something she is refusing.
2. I had an abdominal CT Scan done and found some calcified cysts and the scan had to be followed by a brain MRI and now its time to be back.
So, how was Diwali?
Well now Mom has a problem in her back. She has constatnt back pain. She has been told it can be controlled, not cured. All are scared, but dont know what to do.
I have always been afraid of needles (as in injections). When I told to do an abdominal scan, I was afraid I would get a canal inserted on a hand, and I would be injected dyes. I am afraid, but when it comes to facing the needle, no issues.
When I came to the CT center I was told to drink a bottle containing a sweet liquid. This was the dye. I was happy - no injected dyes.Two hours after I had sipped the dye I went into the scan room and there - the assistants inserted a canal and injected some medicine. This was another dye.
Anyways, the result of the scan - cysticercosis. Happens cause my body is currently hosting tapeworm eggs. To ensure my head was clean, I had to undergo a Brain MRI (no injections this time, wierd noises though) and that came clean.
Now I need a doc who can prescribe medicines.
For Mom what is needed is a full time maid - well, someone who comes in the morning and leaves in the evening, having been around for about 7-8 hours. Dont know where to get someone.
1. Mom's MRI report is not good.She needs to be under strict bed rest - something she is refusing.
2. I had an abdominal CT Scan done and found some calcified cysts and the scan had to be followed by a brain MRI and now its time to be back.
So, how was Diwali?
Well now Mom has a problem in her back. She has constatnt back pain. She has been told it can be controlled, not cured. All are scared, but dont know what to do.
I have always been afraid of needles (as in injections). When I told to do an abdominal scan, I was afraid I would get a canal inserted on a hand, and I would be injected dyes. I am afraid, but when it comes to facing the needle, no issues.
When I came to the CT center I was told to drink a bottle containing a sweet liquid. This was the dye. I was happy - no injected dyes.Two hours after I had sipped the dye I went into the scan room and there - the assistants inserted a canal and injected some medicine. This was another dye.
Anyways, the result of the scan - cysticercosis. Happens cause my body is currently hosting tapeworm eggs. To ensure my head was clean, I had to undergo a Brain MRI (no injections this time, wierd noises though) and that came clean.
Now I need a doc who can prescribe medicines.
For Mom what is needed is a full time maid - well, someone who comes in the morning and leaves in the evening, having been around for about 7-8 hours. Dont know where to get someone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home