Taal Shash and boredom
Hmmmm...........I have been trying to keep myself busy by walking around. Well for one, the aim is to look for an apartment/ house. Today I had a look at a few houses and all were above 12000 rupees per month, rent. I think that is a bit too much. Most were houses and 2 were flats (apartments). One was bare - work was in progress but somehow the area seemed very congested - this was the EE block in Salt Lake. The other one, I dont remember the block, the flat was nice - a 3BHK, the guy was asking for 18000. Now is it because I am introduced as someone from IBM who has come from Delhi that the price is hiked, I have no clue.
Well, anyway in the evening I went for a walk. Its very boring here all alone. Where to go, what to do. Yesterday I was in City Center, but then (a) theres not much I can do there , and (b) I am alone. Anyway while walking I saw this guy selling TAAL SHASH. I have no clue what it called in English. Taal is some kind of a palm and shash means the pith of the palm. When I first saw the guy I thought he was selling tender coconut but a closer look revealed that it was not so. A closer look and I took a picture. Here it is below.........
Well, anyway in the evening I went for a walk. Its very boring here all alone. Where to go, what to do. Yesterday I was in City Center, but then (a) theres not much I can do there , and (b) I am alone. Anyway while walking I saw this guy selling TAAL SHASH. I have no clue what it called in English. Taal is some kind of a palm and shash means the pith of the palm. When I first saw the guy I thought he was selling tender coconut but a closer look revealed that it was not so. A closer look and I took a picture. Here it is below.........

1 Comments:
babu, loved the picture. Have not seen taal shansh for ages. It was a sweet, mouth-watering retreat for me in summer months. The challenge was to open the taal shansh in a way and pour the water inside to mouth without making any mess :-) Everytime I go to India, I don't get the taal shansh, instead of I get the taal shansh sandesh :-)))
By
Anonymous, at 1:18 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home