Babu Roy's world on the Net

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Visit to Dakshineshwar

Friday (8th September) went to Dakshineshwar. It was a nice ride till we hit BT Road after which it was very rocky near the temple. They are building a big bridge so with traffic and contruction, it was a mess.

We parked our car, and then my father said - leave the slippers in the car. We will walk barefeet to the temple. It was a nice sunny day that day.

Well once we stepped out of the parking lot, the road was hot. With great difficulty we reached the temple. On the entrance, the guard asked me - do you have a mobile? I said Yes. He said, switch it off please.

Well, I did switch off the mobile and went inside. And once inside, I switched on the mobile and put it on silent mode. The reason - I wanted to take pictures.


I have never been able to understand why they do not allow pictures of Dakshineshwar to be taken. They do sell the pictures in the market, so why the hush hush!!


Anyway, I was disgusted by the way the temple was being maintained. People were urinating in the temple compound, urchins were stealing money given as offering on the Shiva Lingas.

Here are some pictures of Dakshineswar, I did not dare take pictures of Goddess Kali though!






















The courtyard

















A view of the RadhaKrishna Temple beside the Main Temple
















In front of the Radha Krishna Temple


















There are twelve Shiva temples in the compund - each with a bloack Shiv Linga. Each Shiva has a name. Below is the entrance of the temple
























And here is a picture of a Shiv Linga.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
/body>