Durga Puga (Ashtami)
Now let me to come to one of the most memorable events this Puja.
Morning, I decided to work from home - it wasnt a holiday.
So I went to BJ Block for Ashtami Anjali.

After the anjali I was home. Phone calls/ emails/ quick lunch later, at 3 PM Sougata came over. We were supposed to go Puja pandal hopping along with Fever 104 FM.
After an hour long wait at the center in DLF, we were taken in a bus to see the Radio station sponsored pandals.
First stop - FD Block Salt Lake. We all had snack packets (sandwich, samosa) and a gift (a wall clock - which refuses to work and I have given up on it).
Any way, nextstop was Telengabagan. NearUltadanga, they could not stop there , so off to Ahiritola, near Shobha Bajar.
Telengabagan




We walked to the Ahiritola pandal and went through the VIP entrance, and on our way back to the bus, lost our ways - but still managed to find our way out.



From Ahiritola, through many lanes , one way roads, we reached Sealdah Athletic. We walked to the pandal.




The theme here was Satyajit Ray's movie Hirak Rajar Desh a.
We walked back to Sealdah Station. At the station we were told that the next stop was Deshapriya Park, but because of the rush on the roads they would not be able to make it there. That is why they would return to Rajarhat. That worked for me, but I suddenly decided to get off , take a cab and head off to Salt Lake. Afterall, I wasnt really interested in a bus ride all the way through crowded roads.

On the way home, a colleague called me and I said I was on my way to Salt Lake and I would meet him. Meet him, I did in front of Mishras. He was drunk. We were out to Pandal hop, but somewhere either I lost interest or because of 'him', I returned home.
Morning, I decided to work from home - it wasnt a holiday.
So I went to BJ Block for Ashtami Anjali.

After the anjali I was home. Phone calls/ emails/ quick lunch later, at 3 PM Sougata came over. We were supposed to go Puja pandal hopping along with Fever 104 FM.
After an hour long wait at the center in DLF, we were taken in a bus to see the Radio station sponsored pandals.
First stop - FD Block Salt Lake. We all had snack packets (sandwich, samosa) and a gift (a wall clock - which refuses to work and I have given up on it).
Any way, nextstop was Telengabagan. NearUltadanga, they could not stop there , so off to Ahiritola, near Shobha Bajar.
Telengabagan




We walked to the Ahiritola pandal and went through the VIP entrance, and on our way back to the bus, lost our ways - but still managed to find our way out.



From Ahiritola, through many lanes , one way roads, we reached Sealdah Athletic. We walked to the pandal.




The theme here was Satyajit Ray's movie Hirak Rajar Desh a.
We walked back to Sealdah Station. At the station we were told that the next stop was Deshapriya Park, but because of the rush on the roads they would not be able to make it there. That is why they would return to Rajarhat. That worked for me, but I suddenly decided to get off , take a cab and head off to Salt Lake. Afterall, I wasnt really interested in a bus ride all the way through crowded roads.
On the way home, a colleague called me and I said I was on my way to Salt Lake and I would meet him. Meet him, I did in front of Mishras. He was drunk. We were out to Pandal hop, but somewhere either I lost interest or because of 'him', I returned home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home